Bailey Engineering TR6 High Performance Ignition System - This listing is for the TR6 unit ONLY (you may also need the correct coil and wires).
See our other selections also:
The TR6 unit has received many kudos, due to the engineering and customer support received from Bailey engineering.
AKA "THE FLAMETHROWER"
The TR6 ignition unit is the most advanced and powerful ignition upgrade available for the Buick turbo V6. It is plug-in compatible with the powertrains found in 1986-1987 Buick Regals with the VIN-7 turbo+intercooled engine as well as the 1989 anniversary turbo TransAm. The 1984-1985 turbo Regals are compatible with some wiring changes. The TR6 has many advanced features including:
- Advanced 32 bit Microprocessor
- Selectable wastespark or sequential (coil-per-plug) ignition
- Uses late-model powerful “smart coils”
- 2-Step Rev Limiter built in, can use “pills” to set the RPM.
- LEDs for critical signals and sensors
- Full signal and sensor diagnostics, Error LED and display on tachometer
- Safety mode: shuts down engine if unsafe signals or sensors are detected
- Cam sensor phasing can be displayed on the tachometer
- Software is updatable by the user
- Heavy, die-cast aluminum enclosure, powdercoated.
- Fully plug-and-play with the vehicle harness.
- Mounts in the stock location.
NOTE: Before purchasing, please ensure that you have all the correct components for this ignition system. You will need to have the correct Coil and wires. As with other electrical parts, there are NO RETURNS on this item.
Instruction manual comes with the unit that is supplied by Bailey Engineering.